Following the Easter theme, this month we wanted to introduce you to egg bread! It is a popular bite size street food in Korea!
L E V E L : Intermediate S E R V I N G S : 8
T OT A L C O O K T I M E : 45minutes
I N G R E D I E N T S:
F I L LI N G
Ham/bacon (optional) Cheese (optional) Coriander/spring onions (optional)
Pinch of salt/black pepper for seasoning
M A I N
1 cup all purpose flour
2 large eggs
1/2 cup melted salted butter 1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup milk
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence (optional)
M E T H O D :
1 .Beat 2 eggs and the sugar in a big bowl until the sugar has all dissolved
2. Add the flour, baking powder, vanilla essence, melted salted butter and milk into the bowl and mix until smooth.
3. Coat the muffin/cupcake tray with melted butter Pour the mixture into the pans – only 1/4 full
4. Crack an egg into each of them, add pieces of ham/bacon, cheese, chopped coriander/spring onion and seasoning
5. Bake your egg breads at 200 degrees for 20 minutes – leave it to the oven to do its magic! Test if they’re cooked using a toothpick, stick it into the bread and if its clean its all cooked.
6. Switch the oven off and leave them inside for another 5 minutes
7. Wait for them to cool for a few minutes before taking them out carefully.