Total cook time: 10 minutesIngredients:
1 cup of beansprouts
1/3 cup thinly cut carrots
3 cups of water
Salt to season
1/2 tbsp Finely chopped spring onion
1 tsp minced garlic
A pinch of roasted sesame seeds (optional) 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Cut the carrot thinly
- Wash the fresh bean sprouts under cold water
- Pour the water in a saucepan, add some salt and bring to the boil
- Meanwhile, place the spring onion, garlic, sesame seeds, sesame oil and a pinch of salt into a small dish and mix
- Once the water is boiling, add the carrot. Leave for 1 minute
- Add the beansprouts into the saucepan. Cover the saucepan with the lid and let it simmer for a further 1 minute
- Pour the beansprouts and carrots in a colander and run under cold water
- Squeeze the water out of the beansprouts and carrots and place into a big bowl.
- Pour the seasoning sauce on top and mix well!
- Serve cold as a side dish with any Korean main dish.