Who is skincare for?
Caring about skin is the first step to loving yourself and your body! Skincare is for everyone, and your skin deserves a lot of love. If your body is your temple – then beauty routines are essential, and everyone is deserved of one. Of all the viral K-Beauty trends that have come and gone, the original 10 step K-Beauty routine has remained one of the most popular; earning fame for its consistent and effective results on all skin types~
In this series, let’s take a closer look at each individual step – We’ll break it down, and give you some of our recommended products!
The first step is to understand the importance of two-step cleansing. Cleansing the face properly is imperative if you want to fight off sebum buildup which causes acne and other skin issues. In the west, cleansing usually consists of just one product. In the form of a cream, gel, or soap, which is fine, but in Korea, if you’re talking cleansers, you’re talking oil and foam. Both of which are required for the first 2 steps of your 10 step routine.
Step 1 – Oil Cleanse
Oil cleansers help to keep our skin’s PH balanced, while also containing natural antibacterial properties. Unlike many skincare products, oil cleansers do not seep into your pores, meaning that it irradicates surface buildup by melting down and emulsifying excess sebum so that it’s easy to wash off with water. When using an oil cleanser, you do not need to wash or wet your face first.
Here’s a list of some of our recommended oil cleansers:
- Klairs Gentle Black Deep Cleansing Oil – Extracted from black beans and various other vegetables, this cleansing oil is highly effective and very gentle – making it the perfect option for anyone with sensitive skin; plus it’s cruelty-free, vegan-friendly, ethanol-free, paraben-free, silicon-free, steroid-free, and artificial colouring-free.
- Innisfree Green Tea Balancing Cleansing Oil – Formulated with freshly squeezed green tea leaves from Jeju Island, this oil cleanser is super lightweight and full of amino acids and minerals that will help balance your skin and leave it full of moisture.
- Skinfood Black Sugar Perfect Cleansing Oil – Enriched with the power of black sugar, refined rice wine, and botanicals for a cleanser rich in vitamins and minerals that will smooth your complexion and will leave your skin feeling soft and hydrated.
Step 2 – Foam Cleansing
Foam cleansers are ideal for removing hard-to-wash-off products like make-up, oil, sunscreen, or any other waterproof products. When using a foam cleanser, make sure to wet your face beforehand, and to lather the product in your hands before applying to your face.
Here are the foam cleansers we think you’ll like.
- Sesamis Natural Pure Cleansing Foam – Great for those who struggle with acne; this foam cleanser is gentle, antioxidative, anti-microbial, and helps control sebum. Made from all-natural ingredients; this cleanser will make your skin look and feel wonderful.
- Pyungkang Yul Cleansing Foam – Pyunkang Yul products are known for containing only the bare and essential ingredients. The viscous and elastic texture is perfect for sticking to all the impurities and pulling them from your skin. This cleanser leaves your skin feeling hydrated and clean. Formulated with Centella Asiatica which is a super ingredient for skincare.
- Nature Republic Soothing & Moisture Aloe Vera Cleansing Gel Foam – Aloe Vera has amazing calming & soothing effects on the skin, this cleanser captures and enhances these effects and delivers them to your skin in a cost-effective way to suit just about any budget. This product is popular internationally.
We hope this first step into our 10 step routine guide gives you the insight you needed. Stay posted to discover the next step in our self-care beauty routine guide. Remember – when using any beauty products, make sure to follow the instructions carefully for the best results!
Got some tips to share? Tag us @inspiremekorea on Instagram.
If you have any questions regarding the 10 step K-beauty routine, the first two cleansing steps, or any beauty queries be sure to let us know. You can find us on all of our social media~
Want to experience more of Korean culture? Why not subscribe now to the Inspire Me Korea CULTURE box to receive a box of goodies sent to your door every month? We ship internationally! Find out more here
Featured Image Source: © 2052864, kystsd, Freeqration, 10.10.2018