Cook time: 20 minutes
2 cups of sesame seeds (white or black)
1 cup light brown sugar
3/4 cup of water
4 tablespoons of honey or any other syrup
- In a shallow pan, lightly roast the sesame seeds for 5minutes on low heat. It should be ready when they start to pop.
- Take the pan off the hob and keep them to one side.
- Take a saucepan and pour in the sugar, water and honey on low heat. Keep stirring until the sugar has melted to make sure it doesn’t burn,
- Remove from heat once the syrup becomes thick
Pour the sesame seeds straight into the syrup and mix it
- Spread the mixture onto a cookie sheet that is greased or lined with greaseproof paper
- Using another sheet of greaseproof paper, place it on top and gently roll it so it flattens the candy
- Leave to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Using a sharp knife, cut into small rectangles as desired
- Once fully cooled, keep in an airtight container.
- To decorate and prepare for gifting, place in a small airtight box and tie with ribbon. Add a sticker to write a personalised message!